By Michael C. Mack
1. What is the most outrageous thing you’ve ever been told to do?
Read 1 John 3:11-24.
2. John made what people may consider some pretty outrageous statements in this passage. Which one do you think is the most outrageous? Why?
3. How is real love for one another defined in this passage? What specific things does a person do or not do to display genuine love for others?
4. Look at verses 23 and 24. What is the connection between obedience, love, and living by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit?
5. Compare John’s description of love for brothers and sisters in Christ with your love for one another as a group. How are you doing? How can you grow in this regard?
6. Look back through this passage again. What phrase or sentence most challenges you personally?
7. What do you sense that you (or your group) are called to do based on this study? What first step should you take?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies