By Michael C. Mack
1. What is the most important letter you’ve ever received? Who was it from? What was it about? What impact did it have on you?
Read 2 John.
2. The word truth is used four times in the first three verses. Why was truth so important for the church of that day?
3. How can Christ followers be certain they are living in the truth? (See also John 14:6; 16:13.)
4. Can you think of an example of when you ran ahead of God rather than walked with him in some decision? What happened?
5. If the apostle John had addressed this letter directly to you—one chosen by God—what would be your biggest takeaway concerning the command to love?
6. Who or what is a “deceiver” in your life and faith (ex: people, media)? How will you respond to this deception?
7. To grow as Christ followers we need both the written Word of God and face-to-face fellowship. How does your group protect you from deception and help make your joy complete?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies