By Michael C. Mack
1. What are some moral changes that have occurred in our culture over the last 50 years?
Read Malachi 3:1-10.
2. Jesus has come and instituted a new covenant, but his second coming is still in the future. Jesus said that day will come as a surprise. With that in mind, what do you learn from this passage?
3. Christ followers have already been washed by Christ’s blood. What will be the purpose of the refiner’s fire and the launderer’s soap?
4. What sinful practices were going on in Malachi’s day? The prophet predicted these same practices occurring in the end times. Which are happening today?
5. Our standards for right and wrong may change over time, but God does not change. What does that mean for us as we wait for his coming?
6. When God called the people to return to him, they argued with him, questioned him, and made excuses. What attitudes seem to be in play? How do these attitudes play out today?
7. Returning to God demands surrender and then blessing is given. How is giving connected to that?
8. “Return to me and I will return to you” is a constant theme throughout the Bible. How does that encourage you? How does it challenge you? What or who does it prompt you to pray for?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).