By Michael C. Mack
1. Imagine that during your small group meeting you are attacked by terrorists. What are your current strengths and weaknesses? What is your best response strategy?
Read Ephesians 6:10-20.
2. When people choose Christ, they choose sides in a cosmic battle and enter the battleground. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
3. As a believer, when you are going through struggles in this world, what should you keep in mind?
4. Note the repeated use of the word stand (vv. 11, 13, 14). What attitudes or actions is the apostle Paul trying to reinforce?
5. For the most part, how aware are you of the spiritual battle going on around you? inside you?
6. Consider the role prayer plays in spiritual battle:
• What do you learn about prayer in this passage?
• For what and whom does Paul tell the church to pray?
7. Close your time in prayer for people in your group and your church and for church leaders, missionaries, and Christians around the world.
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies