By Michael C. Mack
1. True or false: The sins of churchgoing Christians are worse than the sins of unbelievers. Defend your answer.
Read Amos 2:4-8.
2. Amos had announced judgment on the neighboring nations, but now he points at God’s people. Describe how you think they would have responded to the announcements of judgment on their neighbors. How might they have reacted when Amos turned God’s accusations toward them? In what ways do you think we are like or unlike God’s people in Amos’s time?
3. What were the core sin issues for the people of Judah?
4. What were the core sin issues for the people of Israel?
5. Tell some specific examples of the following categories of sins that God’s people tend to commit in today’s world: disobedience, injustice, immorality, idolatry.
6. Read Romans 8:31-39. How are you led to praise God for his relentlessness? Option: Listen to or view the song “One Thing Remains.” Close in worshipful prayer.
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies