By Michael C. Mack
1. What do you think is the biggest cultural or worldview change in your lifetime?
Read Acts 10:24-38.
2. How is this passage a turning point in the book of Acts? in the Bible? in the church?
3. This is the third and final time Peter used the “keys of the kingdom” (Matthew 16:19). (See Acts 2:14-41 and 8:17 for the first two instances.) How does this event accomplish Jesus’ commission in Acts 1:7, 8?
4. What specifically was God’s involvement in orchestrating this event?
5. Look at each of these phrases and discuss their significance:
• “Cornelius, God has heard your prayer” (v. 31)
• “in the presence of God” (v. 33)
• “I now realize” (v. 34)
• “Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all” (v. 36)
6. How would you use this passage to repudiate the false idea that one religion is as good as another, that all roads lead to God?
7. In order to reach people whom God loves, what worldview needs to change in your church? in your group? in your personal life?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).