By Michael C. Mack
1. If you were to tell the story of your people, what would the title be? Why?
Read Acts 7:2-4, 8-10, 17, 33, 34, 45-47, 52, 53.
2. Make a pros and cons list for how the Israelites responded to God throughout this story. What would you put on each side? (Also see vv. 25, 35, 39-41.)
3. What was the point of Stephen’s story (vv. 51-53)?
4. What did these members of the Sanhedrin have in common with the patriarchs and their other ancestors?
5. What was Stephen accusing them of?
6. If Stephen were recounting the history of the church since Jesus until today, how do you think he would conclude his comments?
7. Think about a way you personally have received the law but have not obeyed it. How would you like your group to pray for you?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).