By Michael C. Mack
1. What is the story behind how you got your name?
Read Luke 8:26-36.
2. What stands out to you the most from this passage?
3. What does this passage teach you about the reality of demons and spiritual warfare?
4. What does Jesus’ treatment of the man in this story tell you about Jesus?
5. What is significant about Jesus asking the man his name?
6. Imagine taking a walk and coming upon an individual like the one in this passage: homeless, half naked, an ex-con who is acting oddly and possibly possessed.
• How would most people treat this person?
• How would you treat the person?
• How could you treat the person more as Jesus did?
7. How do the man’s actions after Jesus delivered him serve as an example for you and your faith?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).