By Michael C. Mack
1. If someone asked you why you are a Christian, how would you respond?
Read Romans 2:17-29.
2. Who specifically was Paul addressing in this passage? Why was he addressing them?
3. Do you think hypocrisy is an issue in today’s church? Why or why not?
4. How do you see God’s name blasphemed among unbelievers because of the actions, words, or attitudes of some who claim to be Christ followers?
5. What principles for Christian living can we adopt from this passage?
6. What does Christian baptism accomplish if it is only outward and there is no change of the person’s heart? How would an unchanged heart also affect taking the Lord’s Supper? church membership?
7. Break into subgroups of 2 or 3 by gender. In those groups read aloud Deuteronomy 10:16; Jeremiah 4:4; and Ezekiel 36:26, 27. Then respond to this question: “How is your heart?” Close by praying for each other.
Michael C. Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).