By Michael C. Mack
1. Think of a time when you watched someone create a masterpiece. Perhaps it was an artist painting a picture, a construction crew building a house, or a chef preparing an elaborate meal. Consider the designs and plans that only the creator knew, the process it took to complete it, and the finished product.
• Briefly describe the project.
• How did it look at the beginning and along the way? confusing? shapeless? random?
• How did the project turn out in the end?
Read Romans 5:1-11.
2. See how many blessings that come from being a Christ follower you can find in this passage. Which of these apply to your past? your present? your future?
3. The New Living Translation renders grace (v. 2) as “undeserved privilege.” In what ways does that translation fit?
4. In what ways have you seen God bring glory and joy in and through suffering?
5. Look at the transforming process described in verses 3 and 4. Give an example of a time when God brought about that same process in your life.
6. Complete the following sentence in your own words: “At just the right time, when I was ___ (description of your condition or circumstances), Christ ___ (what he did for you).”
7. How specifically will you thankfully “boast in God” this week?
Michael C. Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).