by Dan Lentz
1. What’s the most encouraging thing that has happened to you lately? Be sure to explain why this was encouraging to you.
Read Judges 7:2-4, 13-15; 8:22-26a.
2. From this passage, describe the events and circumstances that were likely discouraging to Gideon. Then describe what was likely encouraging to Gideon.
3. How important do you think those encouragements were to Gideon’s leadership and perseverance?
4. How has God used the gift of encouragement in your life? As Christ followers, how important is it that we regularly encourage one another in service and leadership? (very important, somewhat important, or not very important)
5. As a small group, do an encouragement project. Chose a person or a group of people who could use some encouragement (examples: church leaders, single moms, people in your neighborhood, teens, senior citizens). Then, decide how your group is going to encourage this person(s) (examples: writing letters, doing acts of service, providing monetary support, providing food). Then plan how and when you are going to follow through on this act of encouragement. Set aside one of your group meeting times to do the project if necessary. Be sure to give the glory to God for your gift(s) of encouragement.
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies