by Dan Lentz
1. Prior to your group gathering, assemble a basket containing various fruits. Provide at least one piece of fruit for every member of the group. Pass the basket and invite group members to select and eat a piece of fruit. As the group is sharing in this fruit snack, take turns discussing what they most look forward to about summer.
Read Revelation 22:1-9, 13-17.
2. Which of the things mentioned in these verses are you most looking forward to in the heavenly city?
3. Knowing that verse 7 states a promise, “Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book,” how can we help each other “keep the words” of this book? Suggest as many practical ways as you can.
4. This passage concludes with the invitation to “come . . . and take the free gift of the water of life.” To whom do you need to extend this invitation? Make a list of names. Discuss ways to pass on this invitation to the people on your list throughout the summer months.
5. Bring a flashlight or candle to your group gathering. Pass it around and as each person holds it, have him or her praise the Lord for an experience or a relationship that’s been a real light lately. Have someone close with prayer, thanking the Lord for the abundant resources he has provided.
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.