By Dan Lentz
1. Regardless of your giftedness, if you could be the leader of a group or organization, what would it be and why? In what areas of leadership are you involved right now?
Read Jeremiah 23:1-6; 33:14-18.
2. As you read these verses, what are the major problems you see with the leaders of God’s people?
3. What type of leader did the Lord declare he would raise up for his people?
4. Since tending sheep may not be practiced in your area, the analogy of leading sheep or shepherding may not be familiar to you. However, based on these verses, what should leadership look like among God’s people today?
5. Are you ever tempted to evaluate leadership by non-biblical standards? If so, how?
6. Spend some time as you conclude by praying for godly leadership in your church, in your schools, in your workplaces, and in your homes. Also pray for one another in your personal
leadership roles, both current and future.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies