By Dan Lentz
1. What personal goal would you like to accomplish in the coming year?
Read Philippians 1:12-26.
2. When you observe people who are “preaching Christ” or are very public with their faith, does their perceived internal motivation ever impact the effectiveness of their message?
3. In these verses, Paul says that regardless of one’s motivation, it is important that Christ is preached. But he also taught that selfish ambition in our preaching and witnessing can result in trouble for other believers. How can we guard against serving Christ out of selfish ambition?
4. How easy or hard is it for you to say, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain”?
5. What spiritual dreams do you have that you would like to see come true this coming year?
6. Close by going around the circle and praying for the person on your right. You can do this out loud or you can write a prayer and give it to the person you are praying for.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.