By Dan Lentz
1. When approaching a stoplight that has turned yellow, is your first response to speed up, or slow down?
2. If you could speed up something in your life right now, what would it be and why? If you could slow down something that is going on right now, what would it be and why?
Read Hebrews 12:1-11.
3. One metaphor used in these verses is “the race marked out for us.” What is the race and how is it marked out for you?
4. From your experience, what things hinder us from running the race?
5. What’s the relationship between things that “entangle us” and the Lord’s discipline? Has the Lord ever disciplined you when you were unwilling to throw off entanglements?
6. Talk about a time when you were encouraged by discipline you received.
7. Close by praying for one another as we strive to throw off the things that hold us back.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies