By Dan Lentz
1. What was the last event you participated in about which you can honestly say, “I had a great time”? Explain why you felt that way.
Read Nehemiah 8:2, 3, 13-18.
2. For the returning exiles, the Feast of Tabernacles was a time to get away from the norm and listen to the public reading of God’s Word. Think about times when you’ve gotten away from the norm to focus on your relationship with the Lord. How have those experiences impacted you?
3. What do you think made this particular feast so important to the Israelites?
4. How much are you in need of a retreat or revival right now?
5. What helps you have personal times of retreat and refreshment in the course of your busy life?
6. Discuss ways your group can have a retreat experience. Pray over your plans and pray for the Lord’s refreshment in your life.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.