By Dan Lentz
1. Think about two things you hope to accomplish in the coming year and one thing you hope to avoid in the coming year. Share these with the group.
Read Luke 2:21, 22, 25-38.
2. From these verses, what do you see as Simeon’s greatest hopes?
3. What do you see as Anna’s greatest hopes?
4. What are your greatest hopes in this season of your life?
5. In verse 29, Simeon says, “You may now dismiss your servant in peace.” Take paper and pen and write, “You may now dismiss your servant in peace because ________________.” Fill in the blank with a sentence or paragraph that describes a personal spiritual dream you are praying the Lord fulfills in your lifetime.
6. You can share your written statements with the group if you desire. Then take some time to pray over your hopes and dreams, particularly ones you are praying for in this coming year.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.