By Dan Lentz
1. Outside of church, work, school, and home, what other “extracurricular” activities take your time? Name as many as you can, both past and present. (Consider clubs, hobbies, and service organizations.)
Read Philippians 3:1-11.
2. We find our identity in different ways. Some ways are healthy while others are not so healthy. Cite examples from these verses of healthy ways the apostle Paul found his identity, and of some unhealthy ways he previously tried to find his identity.
3. What are some ways in the past you have tried to find your identity?
4. What have you learned from this section of Scripture, as well as your past experiences, that has helped you shape a more appropriate view of your identity in Christ?
5. What changes in your activities and mindset would help you focus more clearly on your identity in Christ from this point forward?
6. Take time to share prayer concerns based on today’s discussion and current needs. Ask two or three to pray aloud as you close.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.