By Dan Lentz
1. Answer all three questions:
What is your favorite meal of the day?
What is your favorite food to have at home?
Where is your favorite restaurant?
2. Eating a meal has great spiritual significance. The Lord created us with the need to eat and drink to maintain energy and life. It’s a way we can learn to depend on the Lord to provide for us, and is an activity designed to be done in community. What are some significant characteristics of the Passover meal from these verses?
3. How do you view your everyday meals? Are they significant or routine? Do you think it is important to think about what you eat and how you do it?
4. Read Jesus’ words in Luke 22:14-20 during a time when he shared the Passover meal. How did Jesus feel about this meal he was having with his disciples? How does he feel about sharing this meal with you?
5. To close your group time, share a meal together or share the Lord‘s Supper together. Make preparations ahead of time. Treat it as a celebration of the Lord’s provision and as an important time of communing with the Lord and one another.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
For more small group ministry resources, visit www.smallgroups.com.