By Michael C. Mack
1. Use the following sentence to tell us about your week: The bad news is ______ but the good news is ______.
Read Jeremiah 33:1-11.
2. What contrasts do you see in this passage? (Compare the words and phrases of verses 4, 5, and 10 with verses 6-9 and 11.)
3. List all the things God promised he would do for his people.
• Which of these were likely to come about within 70 years, when Jerusalem was restored?
• Which would not occur until Jesus came as the Prince of Peace?
• Which are still yet to happen completely?
4. What effect does God’s restoration and healing have on the world?
5. How would you describe the celebration of God’s people in response to his blessings?
6. How do verses 1-5 describe your BC life (Before Christ came into your life)? How do verses 6-11 describe your AD life (After Deciding to make Christ your Savior)?
7. Just as God worked on behalf of the Israelites, what is something only God can do to bring you health, healing, peace, security, forgiveness, or restoration?
Michael Mack is the author of 16 small group books and discussion guides. He also leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).