By Michael C. Mack
1. Which is worse—an internal or external attack? Why?
Read Acts 4:34—5:10.
2. What is your initial reaction to this story?
3. How would you describe the heart of the early church? (Also see vv. 32, 33.)
4. Compare and contrast Joseph (Barnabas) to Ananias and Sapphira. How were they alike? How were they different?
5. In what ways do you see inauthenticity, hypocrisy, or pride in the actions of Ananias and Sapphira?
6. At this stage of the church’s history, why would God treat hypocrisy (pretending you’re more spiritual than you really are) so severely?
7. Why are truth, authenticity, and humility vital values for the church today? for your small group?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies