By Michael C. Mack
1. In what area would you like God to grow your faith the most? Why?
Read Luke 17:1-10.
2. What principles for growing in your faith do you find in this passage?
• in the context of genuine community (“little ones” can refer not only to children but to those who are new in the faith)
• in how it matures over time
• in your attitudes and actions
3. How does “speaking the truth in love” and forgiving one another help us grow in our faith (Ephesians 4:15; also see Matthew 18:15; Galatians 6:1; James 5:19, 20)? What examples from your own life can you share?
4. In your relationship with God so far, what have you felt like you’ve been entitled to?
5. What duties do each of us have to help each other mature in our faith?
6. If any of you senses you need to speak the truth in love to someone else in the group, how should that happen in the future? What boundaries should you set? What biblical principles should apply?
7. What will you do this week to encourage or spur another believer on in his or her faith?
Michael C. Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).
Comments: no replies