by Dan Lentz
1. Have each group member answer these three questions:
• Where did you live between the ages of 8 and 12?
• How was your home heated during that time?
• Who was the center of warmth in your life at that time?
Read Galatians 2:15-21.
2. At what point in your life did it become evident to you that you were a sinner?
3. At what point would you say you first became gripped by the fact that God loves you and gave his life for you?
4. When did Christ become the “center of warmth” in your life?
5. How is the process of “dying to self and living for Christ” going for you these days?
6. Make a list of people you know who need to be “justified in Christ” (v. 17). Pray for them by name and then plan an outreach as a group for them as well as other people you may be reaching out to. (Two outreach ideas are: a game night where someone also shares a testimony, and a movie night featuring a movie with a Christ-honoring theme.) Don’t get discouraged if people turn down your invitation the first time. On average, it takes seven “asks” before you get a positive response. Don’t forget to continue praying for the people you invite.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.