by Dan Lentz
1. When was the last time you were really scared (examples: auto accident, scary movie, prior to a big presentation)? Describe the situation.
Read Matthew 28.
2. Relief from fear is mentioned throughout the Bible. Even in this passage, the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid.” When facing fearful times, what helps you “not be afraid”?
3. Jesus’ resurrection changed everything for his followers. What has Jesus’ resurrection changed in your life in the past? What has it changed recently?
4. While the resurrection is the greatest news ever, many wanted to suppress it. Even today, many don’t want it to get out. What can we do as a community to make sure the news of Jesus’ resurrection continues to get out?
5. Take time during prayer to worship the Lord. Bring a small cross to your group’s gathering. It can be a small wooden cross or a cross necklace. Make sure it is small enough to hold and pass around. Take turns holding the cross. When it is your turn to hold the cross, pray silently or aloud, but focus your prayers on praising him for your changed life and for the fear-calming power of the resurrection. Make sure everyone gets a chance to hold the cross and pray.
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.