by Dan Lentz
1. It’s impossible to give our full time and devotion to everything we have to do. But of the responsibilities you have right now, about which ones can you say, “I am fully committed to seeing this through”? What does that full commitment look like for you?
Read 2 Timothy 2:8-19.
2. The theme of full commitment runs throughout this passage. Pick out three or four areas discussed in this Scripture that we should be fully committed to. Then take each area you selected and apply it to your life using the following group discussion questions:
• If you were fully committed to _____, how would your life need to change in order for that to happen?
• What’s your plan for making this change possible?
• Whose support do you need to make this work out?
• What happens if it doesn’t work out?
• What would happen to your life if it does work out?
3. Spend your prayer time discussing requests and concerns related to the areas of your life you are highly committed to (your family, your work, your ministry in the church, and so on). Pray specifically for one another to “stand firm on God’s solid foundation” (v. 19).
T. Daniel Lentz works for Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.