by Dan Lentz
1. What is new in your life right now? Are you singing a happy song about it, or singing the blues?
Read Luke 1:46-55; 2:1-7.
2. Despite the awkwardness of Mary’s situation, she still sang a song of praise to the Lord. What did she praise the Lord for in these verses? List as many things as you can.
3. Mary sang about Christ’s mercy from generation to generation. How has Christ’s coming impacted your family’s spiritual heritage from generation to generation? Choose from the following.
• I can see Christ’s blessing through several generations in my family.
• I clearly see and continue to experience Christ’s blessing from my parents.
• Christ is making a huge impact in my current generation.
• I already see Christ blessing my kids and future generations.
4. What specific things are you doing to allow the Christ child to impact your generation and future generations?
5. What are you praising the Lord for specifically these days? Give Christ your gifts of praise during your prayers as you close.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies