by Dan Lentz
1. Have you ever had to suffer for doing the right thing? (Some examples are: you received a lower grade when you could have easily cheated, you turned down a promotion that would have taken you away from your family, you seemingly weakened a relationship for speaking the truth in love.) Talk about your experience.
Read Genesis 39:7-21a.
2. From these verses, what can we learn about the progressive nature of temptation?
3. What can we learn about the process of resisting temptation?
4. Form separate groups of men and women. Designate a women’s group leader and a men’s group leader. Have each group answer the following questions:
• What temptations do you face most often?
• What helps you in your battle with temptation?
• What can this group do to help you in your current battle with temptation?
5. Close by praying for strength and grace for one another in your sub-group.
Dan Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.