by Dan Lentz
1. Share with the group three things your heart is set on these days (examples: getting physically fit, saving more money, being a better manager).
Read 1 Timothy 3.
2. Have you ever felt led to lead? If so, where did you feel called to lead (inside or outside the church)?
3. This Scripture emphasizes the importance of the leader’s character. How have you seen character (or the lack of it) impact the effectiveness of leaders you know?
4. What spiritual leadership roles have you filled? Would you say you had your heart set on that role, or were you just meeting a need? What prevents us from seeing our leadership roles as the noble tasks they are?
5. Have you considered yourself a potential small group leader? Why, or why not?
6. Regardless of your current leadership position, end your time by making an action plan to sharpen your leadership skills. Attend a small group leader training event in your area or do a leadership study as a group. Download and read a leadership training Bible study from a source like www.SmallGroups.com.
7. Close with a time of prayer for the leaders in your local church.
T. Daniel Lentz works for Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies