by Dan Lentz
1. What is your most challenging responsibility these days (being a parent, bringing home an adequate paycheck, managing people, caring for others, and so on)?
2. Are you more prone to see responsibility as a blessing from the Lord, or as a burden?
3. How do you balance responsibility to your family with responsibilities outside your family?
4. Work with your group to make a list of specific ways you can support those who are struggling with their responsibilities. (Try to think of people you know who are struggling as you formulate this list.)
5. Now that you have a list of ways to serve people who have specific needs, ask each group member to select an idea from the list and put it into action this week. Maybe it’s a note of encouragement, or making a meal, or watching someone’s kids, or physically helping someone with a task. Whatever it is, make sure everyone in the group commits to helping support someone this week who is struggling. Have group members report back to the group next week about how God used their ministry to someone else.
6. Close with prayer for the person you plan to serve.
T. Daniel Lentz works for Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies