by Dan Lentz
1. Think about the person you’ve become. Are you more like your mother, your father, or neither? Why?
Read Proverbs 15:21-33.
2. Instruct group members to pair up with one another. Then have each pair select two verses from the verses you’ve just read. Using the following questions as a guide, give each pair several minutes to discuss their verses together:
• What do these verses say to us today?
• Do these verses apply to a situation you are currently experiencing? Explain.
• How would your life change if you followed this advice?
3. Once each pair has had several minutes to discuss their verses together, have pairs take turns sharing their verses and a summary of their discussion with the rest of the group.
4. Have pairs reassemble for prayer time as prayer partners. Share prayer requests with one another and pray together before the group time closes. Follow up with each other through the week for updates on the requests.
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.