by Dan Lentz
1. Who would you call if you had an emergency in the middle of the night? Why?
Read Ruth 1:8-18.
2. What was Ruth giving up to make the commitment to stay with Naomi?
3. Why do you think Ruth put such a high value on her relationship with Naomi? Why do you put such a high value on your close relationships?
4. How do you react to this advice? “People in ministry should not get too close to the people they serve so it won’t hurt when they have to move to a new ministry location.” Based on this Scripture passage and other passages you are familiar with, do you think this advice is biblical? Why, or why not?
5. What “walls” prevent people from building close spiritual relationships?
6. Plan a fellowship night with your group. Share a meal together and play a game together that gets everyone talking and sharing. For ideas, try www.smallgroups.com/departments/icebreakers/
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.