by Dan Lentz
1. If you knew you had six months to live, and would feel relatively well during that time, what would you do? What would you like to accomplish? What would you like to say to people during your last six months?
Read Mark 13:14-27, 31.
2. Many people are intrigued by end times discussions and speculations. Do you think that is because they: (1) are drawn to mystery and wonder, or (2) are looking forward to leaving this fallen world to be with Christ?
3. What “false Christs” are already present in our culture today? How did they become so influential?
4. What are you doing to prepare for Jesus’ second coming? Are there things you would like to be doing differently than you are now, as you watch and wait?
5. You’ve heard it said that the urgent tends to crowd out the important. As your group discusses prayer requests, try to sort out which requests are urgent and which are important. This is not meant to diminish urgent prayer requests, but sometimes it’s good to evaluate and focus our prayers on the important rather than only on the urgent. This week, pray earnestly for those requests that are important.
T. Daniel Lentz works for Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.
Comments: no replies