by Dan Lentz
1. Write down or draw a picture of a difficult experience you’ve had to endure in your life, but are now glad you went through. Then talk about your experience with the group.
Read Revelation 7:9-17.
2. White robes represent the sinless purity and freedom we gain through the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ). What everyday symptoms of the Fall and sin will you be glad to put behind you?
3. Have you endured difficult experiences where the “why” question has not yet been answered? How does that make you feel? How do these verses give you comfort and peace?
4. There are almost certainly people in your group who have struggled through a difficult experience recently. Take some time to minister to them now. Put a hand on their shoulder and pray for them, or just allow time for sharing and listening without hasty advice or
5. This passage from Revelation 7 concludes with a few “never again” statements. Close your time by taking turns completing the following sentence. “I praise you Lord that one day I will never again have to endure _______.” Ask a volunteer to pray after everyone has had the chance to complete the sentence.
T. Daniel Lentz works for the Small Group Network in Whitestown, Indiana.